Brolly in a Baby Shower nominated me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award which recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world! Huzzah!! I’m thrilled to be nominated. I work very hard to make this blog a place for those of journeying with infertility and hopefully I can alleviate some of the pain and loneliness with my laughter and sarcastic outlook. I’m always tickled that people stop by to read my blog at all. Now to have a nod of recognition and approval from other bloggers, I feel amazing! Love you guys. I don’t know what to say, as a proper acceptance speech, so I’ll stick to that oft quoted line:
“You love me! You really love me!!” 😉
By way of accepting this award, here are the things I must do:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions the nominator has set you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate ten people.
Here we go. First, the questions I should answer, which is fun as it allows you guys to get to know me better.
Questions posed by Brolly:
1. What secret behavior do you only do when you’re alone? Scratch my scalp and sniff my fingertips. Eeeewwww, I know. I’m not sure why I do this but I’ve done it for as long as I can remember. It’s sickeningly enjoyable. Don’t judge me. LOL
2. What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you? I got black out drunk once. Only ever one time, in my entire life. I was apparently very aggressive to some paramedics that came to make sure I wasn’t dying of alcohol poisoning. They were just doing their job, trying to ensure I was ok, and I was a belligerent asshole (what 19 year old isn’t?) so they called the cops in for back up. I’ve no recollection of this event. A fact I’m forever grateful for.
3. Who would play you in a movie? Emma Stone. She’s quirky and funny and gorgeous. I mean, who WOULDN’T want to be played by Emma Stone?!
4. What’s your biggest regret? I don’t know. I try very hard to live my life in such a way that I don’t have many of those. Maybe, waiting so long to take writing seriously. I wasn’t ready before, so it’s not so much a regret, I just wish I was ready sooner. I could be so much further along on that career path.
5. When are you at your happiest? When I am surrounded by other people. I’m an extrovert.
6. What makes you laugh? Everything. I laugh all the time. All. The. Time. I will say that when I NEED to laugh I like stand up comedy. Iliza Schlesinger is my jam. I adore her and think shes funny as hell.
7. Who is your embarrassing celebrity crush? John Malcovich. I shit you not. Ever seen Dangerous Liaisons? If you’ve seen the movie then maybe you understand. I find his voice incredibly intoxicating. Don’t worry if you don’t get it. No one understands, I don’t really get it myself, but he’s so sexy.
8. When did you last cry and why? A week ago. Pregnant friends. ‘Nough said.
9. What three things could you not live without? My laptop, my book collection and my husband (or dog… Is it bad that they’re tied?)
10. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose? Oh god. How do I even begin to answer this one? I love music. I love all different kinds of music. Just one? From what genre? By what artist? Ahhh I don’t know…Probably I would get sick of ANY song that was on repeat forever. If I HAD to choose it would probably be something by Florence and the Machine.
My nominations and their questions:
Alright Ladies! Here are your questions.
1. What is your favorite book or movie and why?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
3. Where would you travel if money was no object?
4. What do you miss most about childhood?
5. If you could have any fictional character for a pet who would it be?
6. Do you have any gross habits that you try to hide?
7. Coffee, hot chocolate or tea?
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
10. Do you have any hobbies?
You ladies are so bad ass. I really appreciate all the interesting woman voices in the blog-o-sphere. Keep up the good work.