The protocol for the FET seems so much simpler than the protocol for our IVF. I mean, I didn’t even have to redo all the bloodwork and testing, and when like the first 3 paragraphs of my old IVF protocol post was about blood work results I think to myself whew… fewer variables in this game that’s for sure!
Here’s what my FET protocol looks like:
First a down-regulation cycle:
This will be my first time using down regulation medication. For our IVF cycle, we didn’t do any of that out of fear that I wouldn’t get enough eggs. This time we don’t want me to grow any eggs so it’s all fair game in turning off my ovaries. That totally freaks me out. But only because I’ve never done it before. I will NOT be using Birth Control Pill before the cycle. Just Suprefact.
Cycle Day 1: Call in my period to the period hotline.
CD 15: Start Suprefact nasal spray. Continue on nasal spray 5 x a day the rest of this month and through my period. This spray is to shut down my ovaries and make it so that I have like no circulating hormone in my blood before the actual FET month. This allows the
CD 15-30: Continue on nasal spray 5 x a day the rest of this month and through my period. This spray is to shut down my ovaries and make it so that I have no circulating sex hormones in my blood before the actual FET month. This allows the clinic to have complete control over developing my uterine lining. Which is important since I won’t be ovulating on my own and so it needs to be faked out.
CD 30: Ish… start period. Call into the clinic to be advised when to start taking estrogen. Keep on Suprefact until estrogen priming is started.
FET Transfer Cycle:
- Call in my period.
- Begin Estrogen pills, taken orally this time, hallelujah. This is done to start growing my lining. Becuase my body will hopefully be all asleep at this point.
- Begin every-other-day ultrasounds to track lining development until it reaches appropriate thickness. Around 7mm.
- Add in progesterone to the estrogen priming until lining becomes ready, or triple stripped. Which is supposed to be the best kind of lining for an embryo to implant into.
- Thaw one frozen embie and watch it for cell division. GROW EMBIE GROW.
- Transfer. ZOMFG.
- Continue on with progesterone/estrogen until Beta- 16 days later- and hopefully for 10 weeks after that ;).
EEEEEEEEK!!! Writing it all down makes it all feel SO REAL. We have 3 embies frozen, all are great quality and we don’t know yet which one the embryologist will choose to thaw. All I can do is cross my fingers that it thaws nicely and resumes cell division no problem. Oh, you know… and then implants and turns into a fully functional baby. LOL.
Getting pretty excited to start all this up! Send me all the positive vibes, chicks. I need it and of course…
I send it all back to you!